Oil Spill Response
Longlasting and broad experience
Marpol is experienced in prevention and remedial clean-up in response to incidents in and on the water, in lock systems and on-board both maritime and inland water vessels. Our personnel has coordinated and tackled a wide variety of incidents. To name a few:
- Clearing and cleaning up 10.000 gallons of oil after bunkering a cruise vessel without delays for both cruise vessel and passengers.
- Clearing and cleaning up 70.000 gallons of heavy fuel oil at the Port of Amsterdam after a collision between a coaster and a HFO bunker tanker.
- Clearing and cleaning up 4 major bunker incidents with 15.000 gallons of oil at the ports of IJmuiden and Amsterdam.
- Clearing up approx. 6.500 gallons of oil from the Haringhaven IJmuiden originating from a ferry smashed to pieces during a storm.
- Clearing and cleaning up oil along approx. 25 miles of coastline at Hook of Holland originating from a sunken oceangoing vessel containing 3.000 brand new cars.
- Clearing up approx. 44.000 gallons of diesel from the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal originating from an inland waterway vessel hitting the quayside.
- Miscellaneous contamination clear-ups in Amsterdam, Beverwijk, IJmuiden, Scheveningen and Velsen ports.